To ensure that employees and volunteers of Fayetteville Public Library are well-qualified and to further ensure that Fayetteville Public Library maintains a safe and productive work environment free of any form of violence, harassment or misconduct...it is the policy of Fayetteville Public Library to screen applicants, whether for employment or volunteer work, and to verify applicant references, credentials, or both.
The Fayetteville Public Library is accepting applications for part-time Page positions, 10-20 hrs/wk. Successful applicants must be available for evening and weekend shifts. $8.00/hour. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 12 at 5pm.
Duties of this position include:
1. Load book trucks. Move loaded trucks to designated areas and accurately shelve library materials according to Dewey Decimal system or alphabetically.
2. Check item shelf order and rearrange library materials as needed to ensure proper order.
3. Unload items from book drops and sorting bins. Sort and transfer items to shelves.
4. Check audio visual material returned by customers for completeness. Notify appropriate staff when missing parts are determined.
5. Respond to staff requests for errands and item searching.
6. Process items on reserve and shelve for customer pickup.
7. Clean up public areas by re-shelving books and other items left out on surfaces.
8. Direct customers to appropriate service desk for assistance.
9. Assist staff with closing procedures.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
You can download the application [MS Word] [PDF] at home or pick one up at the library. Send resume and completed library application to Sharon Daniel at 401 W. Mountain St., Fayetteville, AR 72701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.