FPL is seeking a self-motivated, hardworking individual to work with the library’s facilities staff. The position involves maintaining the library in like-new condition through excellent housekeeping and maintenance practices. Interested individuals must have a high school diploma or GED and be able to pass a background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean all public and staff bathrooms, restock supplies, and prep for opening.
- Sweep and mop all hard surface floors, auto scrub and buff terrazzo, clean conveyor hallway.
- Check location of cafétables and return to position as needed.
- Vacuum all soft surface floors, computers, card catalog, and upholstery.
- Clean and/or polish all stainless steel including elevators, stairways, glass, doors, wood surfaces and security gates.
- Take out recyclables, pick up stray trash in parking deck, empty all parking-deck trash cans, and clean cans as needed.
- Help keep the library a "green" building by using only approved, "green" products.
- Collect all office refuse keeping trash separate from recyclables.
- Maintain all equipment in like new condition.
- Complete any laundry.
- Sweep and mop staff kitchen, wash dishes when dishwasher is full, empty dishwasher after clean cycle ends.
- Respond to staff housekeeping requests as appropriate.
- Setup meeting rooms and special events.
Apply through TEC staffing 479-582-2555 or 1895 M.L.K. Jr. Blvd. Hours 6am to 1:30pm Monday through Friday. This position is open until filled.