TAB: TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
You plan it – you enjoy it! If you’re in grade 6-12 and want a voice in planning programs and events for teens, join TAB. It’s the perfect opportunity to meet and make friends, learn and exercise new skills, start a great résumé, and have fun!
The A-Z of TAB
Alongside a Youth Services librarian, you will:
- Attend monthly TAB meetings.
- Be an active liaison between your school librarian and the teen librarians at FPL.
- Chat up your friends and classmates for their ideas, then plan and lead teen programs and events they will love.
- Help promote and publicize teen programs and events.
- Recommend books, mags, and media to improve FPL’s collections for teens, plus review what’s already on the shelf.
- Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!
- Zealously invest in making FPL one of the best public libraries in the US.
The benefits are great too!
- Accrue community service hours for your résumé.
- Exercise your love of literature and reading.
- Gain leadership and teamwork experience.
- Greater access to FPL personnel, our special events, and guests.
- Zero to hero status as you help expand opportunities for other teens in northwest Arkansas.
Join TAB Now – It’s Easy!
Teen Advisory Board Application [PDF]