Umoja Soul NWA Author Event
A book signing and talk with three local authors!
Author Michael Lafears, Jr, is originally from Alexandria, LA and currently lives in Bentonville, where he's resided for the last 6 years. His first self-published book is Words From A Speaking Soul - Life's Unheard Cries. Inspiration for the book stems from childhood memories, current events and the trials and tribulations of young adults. His poems are inspired by relationships, religion, love, loss and politics. A self-published African-American author, Michael hopes to inspire his readers and provide a positive spin on negative subject matters. In his book, Michael tells the story of life from various perspectives in order for the reader to truly hear the cries often unheard within the soul of man.
Ms. F.L. Jones is a poet, writer, author, actress and storyteller who has published a poetry book, Candy Apple: A Diverse Collection of Poems. Romantic love, inspiraton, black history and deep spirituality are all displayed throughout the book. These poems will allow you to look deeper into the situations of life told through the eyes of a poet who has an excellent gift of perception.
Jones has a gift of listening and projecting emotions and feelings from different experiences in her poems. She enjoys writing articles about children's issues, disability issues. spirituality, romantic love, teenage problems and current events. Her second book of poems, Cotton Candy: Sweet Poems For The Entire Soul, is due in the fall.
Much to Rhonda Ball Holmes' joy and surprise, she's become an inspirational writer and speaker. Her first book, The Word Diet, is
- a tool that guides readers in turning struggles into victories using words
- a winner of the Self-Published Author, Christian Book award
- endorsed by Kathy Ireland, former supermodel and current CEO of the billion dollar Kathy Ireland Worldwide Brand, who also wrote the foreword
- endorsed by Dr. C Thomas Anderson, bestselling author and internationally recognized speaker and senior pastor of the Living Word Bible Church
- endorsed by the late E Lynn Harris,nationally acclaimed bestselling author
- endorsed by Janis F Kearney, Clinton Presidential Diarist, publisher and author