[Online Volunteer Application]
The Fayetteville Public Library needs volunteers to fulfill its mission. With a variety of volunteer opportunities from which to choose, volunteers can set their own hours, choose the work they want to do and select which library function to support.
Why volunteer at the Fayetteville Public Library?
- Numerous learning opportunities to develop new skills
- Great atmosphere to meet new people
- Central location
- Flexibility in hours (open 7 days, 64 hours per week)
- Support a vital community organization that needs volunteers
- Sit, Stay, Read Therapy Dog Program
- Library Greeter
- Library Patrol
- Assisting in Friends Bookstore
- Delivering books to homebound patrons
- Monitoring computer lab
- AV Shelving
- Tour Guide
- Outdoor — Gardening
- Reading to Pre-School Children
To ensure that employees and volunteers of Fayetteville Public Library are well-qualified and to further ensure that Fayetteville Public Library maintains a safe and productive work environment free of any form of violence, harassment or misconduct—it is the policy of Fayetteville Public Library to screen applicants, whether for employment or volunteer work, and to verify applicant references, credentials, or both.