Story Time Volunteer – Baby Bookworms
Department: Youth Services
Location: Preschool Library
Schedule: Mondays from 9:30am–11am
Assist youth programmer with Baby Bookworms story time.
1. Assist with set up prior to and clean-up after program
2. Gather, clean and store supplies as needed
3. Welcome children, parents, and caregivers in a friendly manner
4. Hand out interactive items during program, as needed
5. Count number of attending participants (children and parents/caregivers) and report number to staff at preschool desk
SKILls & abilities
1. Ability to follow instructions given by staff and work independently
2. Desire to interact and engage with children on behalf of the library
3. Must have dependable transportation and be punctual, with the ability to notify department of scheduling changes prior to scheduled reading
One-on-one training on specific processes will be provided, and staff will be available for questions and guidance. You will receive an orientation of the department and building spaces you will be working in and/or need access to.
Your time and contribution to the library is important to us! You will be working as part of a team to accomplish the library’s vision and mission for our community. A letter of reference is always available upon request.
Fill out the Volunteer Application Form and state you are interested in Baby Bookworms Story Time.