- My FPL
- Research & Learn
- For You
- FPL Info
Book a Librarian FAQ
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Fayetteville Public Library is pleased to offer a free Book a Librarian service to the community.
If you would like one-on-one help, please contact us by submitting the Book a Librarian Appointment Request Form for a free half-hour consultation with a reference librarian. You will receive a response within 3 business days.
Please note that this is not a research service. It is a reference service designed to help teach you how to utilize our databases, collections, and assist with basic computer needs.
- Who is eligible to make an appointment? This free service is available to anyone. We encourage you to register for a library card in order to make the best use of our resources and services. Some library databases require your library card to access information.
- How long are appointments? Appointments last around 30 minutes.
- Is there anything I cannot get with the service?
- This is not a research service.This is a reference service designed to help teach you how to utilize our databases, collections, and assist with basic computer/tablet needs.
- In-depth questions cannot be handled within the half-hour appointment window. Please ask the librarian about upcoming classes for more detailed learning.
- Do you offer additional instruction? The library offers a variety of classes teaching computer topics and the library’s databases. Classes are free, but require registration. Check our online calendar or ask a librarian about upcoming class offerings.
- Who will be helping me? We will look at your appointment request and determine the best person to assist you based on expertise and availability.
- How do I make an appointment? Complete the Book a Librarian Appointment Request Form and a librarian will contact you within 3 business days to set up an appointment.
- Where will my appointment take place? Appointments take place at the Fayetteville Public Library. The librarian you are meeting with will let you know where to meet.
- How can I cancel an appointment? For cancellations, either contact the librarian you are scheduled to meet or contact the Reference Desk at 479.856.7250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.