Collections Shelving Volunteer
Location: Preschool, Grade School, Teen or Adult libraries
Shelve recently returned materials to appropriate library collection and shelf location.
1. Shelve books and other materials in numerical or alphabetical order with accuracy.
2. Straighten and shelf-read collection for accuracy as needed.
3. Refer patron questions or requests to appropriate library staff person.
SKILls & abilities
1. Pay attention to detail and neatness.
2. Stand on feet, stooping and bending.
3. Push moveable carts.
4. Commit to a minimum of two hours a week for at least six months.
5. Work independently.
One-on-one training will be provided for certain specialized tasks, and staff will be available for questions. You will receive an orientation of the department and building spaces you will be working in and/or need access to.
Your time and contribution to the library is important to us! You will be working as part of a team to accomplish the library’s vision and mission for our community. A letter of reference is always available upon request.
Fill out the Volunteer Application Form and state you are interested in collections shelving.