- My FPL
- Research & Learn
- For You
- FPL Info
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Maintains bibliographic access to the library's collection by receiving shipments of new items, copying and modifying existing cataloging records, creating original catalog records, and preparing items for circulation based on industry standards and departmental procedures.
All Library positions require customer-focused service to both internal and external customers, flexibility, teamwork, reliable attendance and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain bibliographic database integrity using the library's integrated library system.
2. Perform original and copy cataloging of all formats of library materials to facilitate their identification, access and use.
3. Interpret and apply the Dewey Decimal System, AACR2, RDA, OCLC and Library of Congress subject heading standards in cataloging and classifying materials.
4. Perform database maintenance for bibliographic and authority records.
5. Physically process new materials for circulation, and prepare materials for circulation by making and applying spine labels, property stamping, applying barcodes and RFID tags, linking RFID tags to item records, and packaging items.
6. Receive and unpack new materials. Route packing lists and invoices for payment, as well as route packages received for other library departments.
7. Follow vendor return policies and procedures.
8. Proficiency using all functions of the library's integrated library system.
9. Monitor stock of office and specialized library supplies.
10. Assist with evaluation, testing and implementation of new technologies and departmental procedures.
11. Pursue professional development, which may include travel, to keep informed of current and emerging library trends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIEINCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as library services, education, technology, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to four year college degree, plus 1 year related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HOURS: The applicant must be able to work day time availability Monday – Friday.
The position is full-time 40 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: starting at $15.38 / hour
TO APPLY: Please send completed application, resume, and cover letter to: Ramonica Duarte, HR Manager, Fayetteville Public Library, 401 W. Mountain St. Fayetteville, AR 72701
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 – Monday, February 3, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Monday, February 3, 2020, 5pm