- My FPL
- Research & Learn
- For You
- FPL Info
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
IT Systems Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Administer tier I, II, and III level support typical for an IT department including reliable and responsive support to 200+ staff and public workstations and back-end systems; troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems; and performing software and hardware installs and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer Tier I, II and III level of support typical for an IT department by determination of the level of priority; directly provide support; or assignment of tickets to part-time IT staff.
- Primary administrator of all back-end IT server infrastructure including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL server systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and printing problems.
- Perform hardware & software installs and upgrades.
- Harden systems through use of security and lockdown tools.
- Document software and hardware methods/procedures.
- Maintain the self-check stations and RFID equipment.
- Administer public computing access control and print management system.
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of critical system backups.
- Network administration and switch configuration.
- Train staff on existing and new technologies.
- Respond to after hours and weekend emergency requests for IT support.
- Assist IT Department Director and Manager in researching purchasing decisions.
- Assume delegation of Manager, Information Technology as needed.
- Pursue professional development which may include travel to keep informed of current and emerging library trends.
- Supervise part-time and volunteer IT staff.
- Be available and willing to make presentations to staff and managers.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with AV productions and event setups as needed.
- Assume personal responsibility for the building's condition and solve minor issues and problems as they arise.
- Assist in hiring part-time IT staff.
- Serve on and/or chair library committees.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc. Equivalent to four years of college, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
MCSE or MCSA or equivalent; CCNE or CCNA or equivalent. Valid driver’s license.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Server OS administration, Server Virtualization, Exchange and SharePoint administration, SQL Database administration
Intermediate: Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of workstation imaging and security software preferred.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines and Storage Area Networks preferred.
- Ability to create and test network cables preferred.
- Experience with audio visual systems preferred.
- Experience with RFID preferred.
- Ability to provide own cell phone.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends and respond 24x7.
- Physical abilities to continuously sit, stand and move between various locations within the library; use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, reach, climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch when working. Ability to frequently work on a computer; and answer the telephone.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with another person. Occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds by deploying team-lifting principles to ensure personnel and equipment safety.
- Color vision.
- Work environment is generally quiet, but can on occasion generate moderate to loud noise.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. Ability to occasionally work in precarious places and around fumes and toxic chemicals. Ability to regularly work with computer equipment and risk electrical shock.
Send cover letter, resume, and application to:
Fayetteville Public Library
401 W Mountain Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED