- My FPL
- Research & Learn
- For You
- FPL Info
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
There is currently one (1) position available:
LIBRARY PAGE (Job position # PG 19-0422)
Opening Date: April 22, 2019
Closing date: April 29, 2019
The Fayetteville Public Library is accepting applications for part-time Page positions, 10-16 hrs/wk. Successful applicants must be available for evening and weekend shifts. $9.25/hour. Applications will be accepted until April 29, 2019.
Duties of this position include:
1. Load book trucks. Move loaded trucks to designated areas and accurately shelve library materials according to Dewey Decimal system or alphabetically.
2. Check item shelf order and rearrange library materials as needed to ensure proper order.
3. Unload items from book drops and sorting bins. Sort and transfer items to shelves.
4. Check audio visual material returned by customers for completeness. Notify appropriate staff when missing parts are determined.
5. Respond to staff requests for errands and item searching.
6. Process items on reserve and shelve for customer pickup.
7. Clean up public areas by re-shelving books and other items left out on surfaces.
8. Frequently interact with the public and utilize excellent customer service.
9. Direct customers to appropriate service desk for assistance.
10. Assist staff with closing procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements include:
Be able to push heavy book trucks, lift/carry up to 25 pounds, remain on feet up to 4 hours at a time, crouch/stoop/kneel/crawl to shelve on bottom shelves, reach/balance/climb to shelve on top shelves, tolerate moderate noise and occasional loud noise.
Send resume and completed library application (see attached) to Lindsi Huffaker at 401 W. Mountain St., Fayetteville, AR 72701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.