- My FPL
- Research & Learn
- For You
- FPL Info
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
From getting into college to getting a job, leadership and volunteer experience is a requirement for getting ahead. Fayetteville Public Library is proud to offer the following volunteer experiences to teens.
TAB: Teen Advisory Board
You plan it – you enjoy it! If you’re in grade 6-12 and want a voice in planning programs and events for teens, join TAB. It’s the perfect opportunity to meet and make friends, learn and exercise new skills, start a great résumé, and have fun!
The A-Z of TAB
Alongside a Youth Services librarian, you will:
- Attend monthly TAB meetings.
- Be an active liaison between your school librarian and the teen librarians at FPL.
- Chat up your friends and classmates for their ideas, then plan and lead teen programs and events they will love.
- Help promote and publicize teen programs and events.
- Recommend books, mags, and media to improve FPL’s collections for teens, plus review what’s already on the shelf.
- Recruit! Recruit! Recruit!
- Help make FPL one the best libraries in the US.
The benefits are great too!
- Accrue community service hours for your résumé.
- Exercise your love of literature and reading.
- Gain leadership and teamwork experience.
- Greater access to FPL personnel, our special events, and guests.
- Zero to hero status as you help expand opportunities for other teens in northwest Arkansas.
Join TAB Now – It’s Easy!
Teen Advisory Board Application [PDF]
Teen Advisory Board meets the first and third Wednesdays of every month at 4:30 p.m.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities @FPL
Fayetteville Public Library is always looking for new volunteers to help us with everything from cleaning and shelving DVDs to helping with programming. Build skills and meet new people as a regular volunteer. All volunteers will be screened prior to working at FPL. To apply, fill out this application and bring it to FPL.