Center for Innovation Generalist – Part Time
Department: Center for Innovation
Reports To: Manager, Center for Innovation
Location: Fayetteville Public Library
Rate of Pay: $12 per hour | 20 hours per week
Benefits: Paid Time Off (Holiday, Sick and Vacation)
Safety Sensitive: No
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
As Center for Innovation Generalist, you help create an experience that makes our community say, "I love Fayetteville Public Library!" When you work at FPL, you are working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You share your technical and product knowledge with customers and other staff, contributing to the overall success of the Library. You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with both the staff and customers. You are able to communicate and interact with all customers, create a welcoming and inclusive experience, are a good listener and enjoy working with people. You have a passion for what you do and enrich the customer's experience by using your knowledge to determine the customer's needs and exceed their expectations. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and procedures.
As a Center for Innovation Generalist, you provide assistance and exemplary customer service to visitors in the Center for Innovation. This includes setting up suites, providing routine troubleshooting on equipment, and reserving spaces. As a Center for Innovation Generalist, you should be familiar with all of the technologies used in the space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proactively greet and establish rapport with patrons, enthusiastically engaging them in conversations about all of our materials and services. Provide exemplary customer service in-person in the Center for Innovation and at all locations throughout the library. Answer directional and general questions about library programs and services and refer callers and visitors to the appropriate staff member or service desk. Staff Center for Innovation desks as needed.
2. Effectively communicate to patrons regarding a variety of topics including, but not limited to, library products and services, policies, responsibilities, and code of conduct. Blend creativity, problem solving, and decision making to positively impact the customer experience, de-escalate any negative situations and resolve customer questions and concerns.
3. Ask open ended questions to assess, understand, and ascertain the customer needs, determine how to tailor your approach, and provide recommendations using your institutional knowledge to connect our customer with the right solution. This includes both routine and complex patron inquires.
4. Be the first line of technical support for staff and patron issues and provide basic troubleshooting assistance for Center for Innovation suites.
5. Check out, check in and renew all materials, including atypical items such as electronics and tools, using the integrated library system.
6. Assist with multiple high-quality Center for Innovation programs through prep-work, attendance tracking, email communications, etc. including high visibility signature programs. Support department in offering several hundred diverse programs annually.
7. Ensure the suites are set up for the arrival of our patrons, and complete with all their requested equipment.
8. Using Communico, register, check in, and maintain patron registrations for the various suites.
9. Assist with library services, programs, and outreach opportunities as needed.
10. Keep abreast of current and changing Center for Innovation technologies to answer patron questions.
11. Display excellent time management skills, attention to detail, problem solving skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to work proactively to balance multiple tasks and prioritize work. Complete work at an appropriate pace with a sense of urgency.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of safety equipment and procedures. Carry out job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury to yourself, other staff, vendors, customers, and the Library. Maintain all equipment in like new condition.
13. Collaborate with supervisor on departmental projects to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
14. Help orient new staff, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the library and our culture. Train staff members as assigned.
15. Conduct special projects as assigned.
16. Represent your department on various library committees as assigned.
17. Protect library assets and ensure building security by monitoring security gates, adhering to library policies, and following appropriate closing procedure.
18. Assume personal responsibility for building maintenance and solving minor issues and problems.
19. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule as assigned that includes evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts is required.
2. Ability to work both independently and as an effective and valued team member.
3. Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong desire to learn about technologies offered in the Center for Innovation.
5. Ability to learn and carry out emergency procedures.
6. Multilingual skills a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High school or GED, plus 6 to 12 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum age to meet AOSH requirements for working near an automated conveyor and sorting system.
3. Intermediate computer and software skills including experience with Microsoft operating systems, Office Software, and Programming Languages. Understanding of basic networking concepts.
4. Must have ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
5. Basic math skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
6. Ability to operate standard office equipment, including a telephone, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, and hand-held radio.
1. Ability to tolerate moderate noise that comes from an office environment with typical HVAC performance, constant visitors, telephone calls, computers, and printers; ability to tolerate increased noise during library programs.
2. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All library positions require customer-focused service to both internal and external customers, flexibility, teamwork, punctual and regular attendance, and compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Please send completed application, availability sheet, résumé and cover letter to:
Ramonica Duarte, HR Director, Fayetteville Public Library, 401 W. Mountain St., Fayetteville, AR 72701.
Application materials may be emailed to Ramonica at email@example.com.