Fayetteville Public Library is excited to introduce our new online library experience.
We have transitioned to a new online library catalog that is integrated with your library account in order to provide a customizable online experience. With options for automated reading recommendations, new item alerts and more, this platform is fully designed for a personalized approach to library services.
What is my password?
The first time you log into your account online, you will need to set a password. To do this:
- Click ‘My Account’
- Your library card number is your username and can be updated once you are logged into your account.
- Click ‘Request new password’
- Enter email address for a password reset link
- Call 479.856.7000 and request a temporary password
Will I still use my library PIN?
Yes. Your library PIN is set by default as the last four digits of your phone number. If you had previously set your PIN to something else, it was reset in the new system as the last four digits of your phone number. You can reset your PIN by logging into the online library system and selecting My Account > Account Details.
What is the difference in my password and PIN?
You will use your password to access your library account online, and you will use your PIN when checking out materials at self-checks or when accessing eBook collections and online databases. This is similar to how your bank requires a PIN to access an ATM and a password to log into your account online.
Will I need a new library app?
Yes. The library’s current app will not work after March 11th. Please download the new app at:
Once our new system is live, we will update this app to provide a more robust experience providing greater integration with your library account and the catalog.
Can I receive text notifications for overdues and holds?
At this time, we are not able to notify patrons by text. We are working to reintroduce this notification option as soon as possible.
How do I link family/friends accounts?
You can create relationships in our new online library system to link family and friends accounts in order to renew items and to pay fines on another family member’s account without having to log in to each account.
- To do this, click My Account > Relationships.
- You will need the birthday and library card number for the account you are linking with.
- Select whether the other patron will be authorized to access your account or if you are authorizing yourself to access their account
- Select the function: do you want to be able to renew their items or do you want to be able to pay fines on their behalf? To do both, you will fill out the form twice.
- Click Add.
- Once added, the patron you are linking with will need to log into their online library account and approve you as an authorizer.
- To renew items on someone else’s behalf, you would click on My Checkouts, and select the tab with the patron’s name. You are then given the option to renew their materials.
How do I make a purchase request for the library?
If you aren’t able to find a particular material that you are seeking, you are invited to make a purchase suggestion. To do this,
- Log into your online library account and click My Account.
- Click My Requests.
- Start a new form and enter as much information possible about the item you are requesting.
- You may want to include your preferred ebook/eaudiobook app when requesting digital books.
- Once submitted your request will be in process. As the item is considered and potentially ordered, placed on hold or unfulfilled, the status may change accordingly.
How to set up New Arrivals?
New materials are added to our collections daily. Our new system allows you to set up new purchase alerts based on your personal reading interests. To get started,
- Click My Account
- Click Notification preferences
- Select the Areas of Interest tab
- Click the title of a category to see a list of items recently purchased in this category
- Click Sign up to receive monthly emails listing new purchases
*Please note that because the system is new it may take a few weeks for items to begin populating in all of the categories.
What are Personal Reading Recommendations?*
Our online system will also make personal reading recommendations for you based on your reading history. From My Account click Personal recommendations to see a list of titles specifically recommended for you.
- To enjoy this feature, you must turn on your reading history.
- Visit My Account > my account details > scroll to the bottom of the page and select Change Settings by History and PIN
- Next to Show Loan history, click edit to allow your account to show the loan history, hide the loan history or not keep it at all.
- Once it is turned on, the system will analyze your reading history to make personalized reading recommendations.
*Please note that because the system is new it may take a few weeks for reading recommendations to begin populating.