In 1867, the first five acres for the national cemetery were purchased from local residents David Walker and Stephen K. Stone. The original layout of the cemetery, according to a sketch, is of an outer circle surrounding a six-pointed star with diamonds between the points of the star and a flagpole in the center.

Come join FPL "on the road" at the National Cemetery.  Here Mr. Terry will take us on a tour telling us some of the history and mission of the National Cemetery.  The tour will start at the main entrance of the cemetery so please wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.

In case of inclement weather, the tour may be cancelled.

Registration is requested.

This is the first event in a monthly walking tour series.  Contact the Reference Desk at 479.856.7250 for information on other tours.