Practices to Achieve Outcomes
+ Elementary school students are matched with college-aged volunteers.
- We refer to these college volunteers as “PALs”.
- Matches are made in conjunction with partner site.
+ PALs attend monthly training sessions where they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve the program’s desired outcomes.
+ Meetings between PALs and students are held weekly.
- This time is used for reading, conversation and activities that support literacy.
+ We receive constant feedback about our program to best tailor it to the needs of students.
- Both mentees and mentors in the program are surveyed once a month to assess the success of their mentoring relationship and the effectiveness of the program.
- Communication with the partner site is frequent and consistent.
+ Our activities are inclusive, diverse and engaging.
- Activities and worksheets will reinforce our expected outcomes.
- Our books cover a wide range of topics to ensure that each student can read books that they find interesting.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Please submit applications by September 1.